Sunday, April 1, 2012

Candyland!



This is the third year I have gotten to make Elsa's cake. This year she requested a tall, Candyland themed cake. We have gotten a ton of rain lately, and I had forgotten how annoying fondant can be when it's so humid! But, I had a TON of fun with this cake! I really enjoyed getting to work with all the little pieces and details. It's a pretty simple design but I really love how it all turned out. Her other request was a to have a little yellow game piece. The bottom tier is funfetti (yellow cake with sprinkles) and the top tier is chocolate with mini chocolate chips, both with buttercream then covered with fondant. Elsa was SUPER excited to see her cake, which made all the frustration of working with fondant in humid weather worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment