Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Jack's First Birthday!!

This post is much more personal than most. My little guy turned one this past weekend! I still can't believe it! At first I was thinking about making a big elaborate cake, but decided cupcakes would be best. As we were having 50+ people coming, I decided cupcakes would be easier. That way people could eat sweets whenever they wanted, instead of having to wait for us to cut a cake. Plus, we weren't sure how Jack would react if everyone was staring at him and singing at the same time.

After breakfast on Friday, his birthday, Jack got his first real taste of sugar.
 A mini banana cupcake with chocolate icing. He LOVED it :) 



I may have gone a little over board with the dessert table.
 Counting different icing combinations, and the chocolate covered strawberries which weren't pictured,
 there were 17 desserts

 I decided to label the treats so people could decide what they wanted easier: 

















 At his party Jack got to have a mini funfetti cupcake with vanilla icing. He enjoyed it, but not as much as he enjoyed the chocolate :)


No comments:

Post a Comment